Our commitment to your data privacy
We are wholly invested in our customers’ success and the protection of customer data. This statement relates to our use of any personal data we may collect from you for any of our services or products.
Whenever you provide us with such information, we are legally obliged to use that information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal data.
For the purpose of this statement, Global Traceability Solutions is referred to as (“We”, “Us” or “Our”) our customers, clients, contacts, users is referred to as (“You” or ”Your”) and third parties is referred to as (“They” or “Their”).
How to contact us
For the purpose of data protection, the data controller is GTS Global Traceability Solutions GmbH, registered company number HRB 62358. If you want more information about our policies for privacy or data protection, you should contact us using the following details:
Dr. Ulrich Heindl
Im Kaisergarten 25, D-67159 Friedelsheim
- You have the right to be informed. We make this compliance statement available with the emphasis on transparency over how we process your data.
- You have the right to access data. You are entitled to find out what details we may hold about you and why.
- You have the right to rectification. We are obliged to correct or update your details.
- You have the right to data erasure. This is commonly known as the right to be forgotten.
- You have the right to restrict processing. You can request to ‘block’ or suppress the processing of your personal data by us.
- You have the right to data portability. You can obtain and reuse your personal data that you have provided to us.
- You have the right to object. You can object to us processing your data in relation to direct marketing and/or profiling.
- We do not use any automatic decision making or processing. However you have rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
What we collect about you
We process only Personal data. Personal data may include name, address and email address. It also may include IP address and cookies. We do not process Sensitive (Special) data, such as health data, racial or ethnical origin and biometric data (passports for identification and verification purposes as required by law).
Our data collection methods
We collect data through:
- Our websites ( www.global-traceability.com , www.china.global-traceability.com )
- Our Products ( www.radix-tree.org )
- Engagement of our consulting services
- Communications (such as emails, phone or conference calls)
- Networking (such as meetings, events)
- Engagement of service providers
How is your data used
We use the information held about you to:
- Ensure that content is presented in the most effective way for you and for your devices
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes or by Legitimate Interests
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so, such as asking a question through our website.
- Carry out necessary maintenance to our infrastructure
- Notify you about changes to our services and products
- We also embrace the use of social media and may wish to process any comments made public by you
Legitimate interest and marketing
Where we use legitimate interests, we will record our decision and our method on making this decision. This can be requested by you at any time.
If you are an existing contact or customer we will only contact you by postal and electronic means (e-mail) with information about services or goods which you have previously purchased from us or enquired about.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by post or electronic means only if you have consented to this. You can choose to not receive these types of communication by contacting us.
We keep your information within our organisation except where disclosure is required or permitted by law or when we use third party service providers (data processors) to supply and support our services to you.
We have contracts in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal data unless we have instructed them to do so. They will not share your personal data with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
Please see below the list of services where we use third party data processors which sets out the
categories of recipients of personal data:
- SAP Identity Authentication Service – This service is used as a user management service for our Application Radix Tree. The system stores the first name, last name and email address of a user. The System stores the IP address, registration and login time of a user.
- Google Mail Service – This service is used to send all necessary emails from Radix Tree, like system invitations and business relationship invitations, information about shared transactions or defined alerts. We do not store any contact information within this service.
Our data retention policy is dictated by legislation and is available for inspection by submitting a written request using the contact details already provided in this statement.
You have the right to erasure under specific circumstances. A request for your personal data to be deleted will be decided on a case by case basis and must be submitted in writing to the contact details already provided in this statement.
We will correct or update your data without delay provided you make the request in writing to the contact details already provided in this statement, clearly specifying which data is incorrect or out of date.
We strive to be as open as we can be in terms of giving you access to your personal data. You can find out if we hold any of your personal data by making a ‘subject access request’. Such requests must be in writing to the contact details already provided in this statement. If we do hold your personal data we will respond in writing within one calendar month of your request (where that request was submitted in accordance with this policy).
The information we supply will:
- Confirm that your data is being processed
- Verify the lawfulness and the purpose of the processing
- Confirm the categories of personal data being processed
- Confirm the type of recipient to whom the personal data has been or will be disclosed
- Let you have a copy of the data in an intelligible form
Please note that you may need to provide identification in order to prove who you are to access your data.
If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone.
In the instance that we do not hold information about you we will also confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity.
We regularly review our compliance statement and you should check back regularly to ensure you are aware of changes to it. We may display this notice to you from time to time to help ensure you are aware of its contents.
You have the right to complain about the processing of your personal data. Please contact us using the details already provided earlier in this statement. If you are still unsatisfied, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you consent to them. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our websites or products. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our websites or products.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our websites and products when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our websites and products works, such as ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our websites or products. This enables us to personalise our content for you, such as greet you by name and remember your preferences.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the storage of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Global Traceability Solutions GmbH
Im Kaisergarten 25, D-67159 Friedelsheim
Managing Director: Dr. Ulrich Heindl
Telefon +49 172 9476766
Register Number: HRB 62358
UID Number: DE274882143
Inhaltlich Verantwortlicher im Sinne des Presserechtes bzw. des Teledienstgesetzes (TDG) bzw. gemäß § 6
MDStV: Dr. Ulrich Heindl